Jazz Artists

Since I'm planning on returning to school to study jazz, I've been growing a list of artists that I like. Most of the artists I'm finding are contemporary and I have a feeling I'm getting a fairly biased view because of my sources and the influence they have on what I can find, but nonetheless I'm posting a list here and updating it as I go of artists I've found and enjoy.

In no particular order:

  • Albert Ayler
  • Gatemouth Moore
  • Max Roach
  • John Lewis
  • Sun Ra
  • Thelonious Monk
  • Art Taylor
  • George Duvivier
  • Django Reinhardt
  • Bud Powel
  • Joe Williams
  • Count Basie
  • Art Tatum
  • Ferdinand "Jelly Roll" Morton
  • McCoy Tyner

Also, as I find sources on the internet, I'll post them as well. For now you could go look at http://www.espdisk.com/.

0 comments: